Engineering Success with Dynamics 365
"As we think about how to build those long-lasting client relationships, CRM is a critical component to support that growth."
- Jim Fox, CEO, OBG
Who is OBG?
OBG is an engineering and construction services firm headquartered in Syracuse, New York. They offer services around four primary brands: Advanced Manufacturing, Energy, Environment, and Water. OBG typically serves clients in the Industrial, Municipal, Federal, Food and Beverage, Higher Ed, and Life Sciences industries. They have over 900 employees across more than 20 office locations around the U.S.
While OBG excelled at delivering projects and progressing opportunities through their sales funnel, their legacy systems created process inefficiencies and potentially missed revenue opportunities. Prior to Dynamics 365, OBG’s Sales/Marketing tasks were accomplished via several disconnected systems, including a Marketing Database, custom SQL databases for opportunities and contacts, and an array of spreadsheets. The leadership team understood that in order to pursue business more effectively, and support their core growth and client relationship goals, they had to centralize and improve their systems and processes.
OBG Project Fast Facts:
- # of Employees: 900+
- Headquarters: Syracuse, New York
- Industry: AEC
- Platform: Dynamics 365
- OBG needed a system to support their marketing and sales strategy, and their client relationship goals
- OBG sought to improve information management to enable building and sustaining ideal clients.
- OBG leadership needed to provide a clear link to sales funnel information for stronger sales management within a centralized system.
- OBG team members required a single system that would provide a 360 degree view of client and prospect information, including historical project information.
- Dynamics 365 deployment fully integrated with Marketo, provides marketing with a greater understanding of target audiences.
- Native Dynamics 365 mobile application to manage contacts, leads, opportunities, and projects on the go.
- Integration between Dynamics 365 and Oracle ERP allows for a seamless flow of accurate, up-to-date client/project information between the systems.
- SSIS integration between Oracle and the opportunity entity in CRM, displays CRM opportunity cost information from Oracle on an hourly basis.
- CRM expanded OBG’s e-marketing capabilities, including developing targeted distribution lists, managing email distribution campaigns, obtaining target/hit rate metrics, analyzing feedback, and coordinating action items.
- Coordination between all of Sales and Marketing activities through call reports, teleconference notes, and auto-email notification to OBG team members.
- Real-time integration with Oracle ERP system allows OBG employees to charge time and expenses against opportunities to see,real-time opportunity cost information associated with projects, within a centralized environment.