Breeding Better Data
Bogged down by an inflexible custom solution, Leader Dogs for the Blind needed a better option for tracking operations and client records in Dynamics 365.
Who is Leader Dogs for the Blind?
Leader Dogs for the Blind is a nonprofit organization based in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Founded in 1939, their mission is to provide guide dogs to the blind and visually impaired. Through their programs, Leader Dogs enhances their clients’ mobility, independence, and quality of life.
Leader Dogs Project Fast Facts:
- Industry: Nonprofit
- Workload type: Customer Service
- # of employees: 65
- # of users in deployment: 65
- Platform: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Fun fact: Leader Dogs operates as the only facility in the Western Hemisphere to teach deaf-blind students how to work with a guide dog.
- Previously, Leader Dogs used a custom solution called Quilogy to manage their operations, client services, puppy breading, and training. Quilogy, while functional, proved outdated and rigid.
- An outside consulting firm developed Leader Dogs’ custom solution several years ago. Their relationship with the firm had since dissolved, making any opportunity to further customization or update the system impossible.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM replaced Quilogy to maintain all department records within the organization.
- A more user-friendly and agile system in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Their main user group – Client Services – manages interactions and oversees the experiences of their blind client base more effectively than before.
- Automation in CRMs help manage daily tasks with the dogs (flea checks, baths, etc.). Based on different triggers in the system, CRM creates Task records and assigns them automatically. In the very common event when dogs are handed off between different teams, Leader Dogs experiences visibility into which Tasks have and haven’t been completed with each dog.
- The Breeding department traces dogs and their performance over their lifetime in CRM. There is a lot of analysis and science that goes into picking the right dogs to breed for key traits important to guide dogs. With CRM, they’re able to actually see how their bred dogs perform both in training and on the job, creating a strong feedback loop.
- Their portal now meets accessibility standards for use by the visually-impaired.