Starting a New Snoop Session
To start a new Snoop Session, create a new Snoop Session record. To do this, navigate to Settings > Solutions. Click the “Snoop Sessions” button and then click New.
In the new Snoop Session Form, enter a name for your Snoop Session and Press Save.
- Scroll down to the Configuration Section.
- Select an Entity. The box above the entity list can be used to filter the list.
- Click Add Steps
- Select the steps to trace.
- Optionally, check Include Available Images to include Pre and Post-Images where available.
- Optionally, check Only Record My Actions to only log actions performed by the user starting the Snoop Session.
- Click Start Recording in the Command bar
- The Results tab will expand and the graph will start scrolling.
- Traces for the actions selected will appear along the timeline.
- Clicking on an action will display the trace of the Context for the action selected.
- Traces can also be reviewed by navigating to the top navigation: Snoop Session Results. And opening a trace.
- On the Snoop Session Result form, the plugin context is shown under the Results tab
- Recording will continue if the form is closed.
- To stop Recording, click Pause record in the Command Bar.
Limitations and Warnings
- Snoop Session can only record entities and actions that plugins steps can be registered on.
- Multiple Snoop Sessions can be run at a time, but they may impact performance for the actions they’re registered on.