CRM in the Spotlight
WME | IMG, the talent agency and entertainment producing powerhouse, had 12 disparate CRM systems from a series of acquisitions over the past decade. They needed a way to access information across platforms to streamline business processes and improve operations.
Who is WME | IMG?
William Morris Endeavor (also known as WME) operates as one of the world’s largest talent agencies, with office in Beverly Hills, New York, Nashville, London, and Miami. Endeavor and the William Morris Agency created WME after their merger in 2009.
Acquired by WME in 2014, IMG represents and manages some of the world’s greatest sports figures and fashion icons; stages hundreds of live events and branded entertainment experiences annually, and is one of the largest independent producers and distributors of sports media.
With every acquisition came a new instance of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for WME. Rather than consolidating the various instances into one organization, WME | IMG elected to keep 12 different instances running and layered a “global instance” of Microsoft Dynamics CRM on top of the disparate systems.
WME | IMG Project Fast Facts:
- Industry: Professional Services
- Workload Type: Microsoft Dynamics Triage
- Deployment Type: Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- # of Employees at Customer: 10,000+
- # of Users in Deployment: 1,500
- With multiple instances of CRM, resources lacked access to information housed in different instances, leading to frequent and unnecessary back-and-forth between departments to uncover client information.
- Agents attempting to book clients for various opportunities couldn’t identify opportunities and/or inventory in other divisions.
- WME | IMG looked to Sonoma Partners to provide a “CRM Health Check,” advising on how to best improve usability, speed, and security in this new and improved global instance of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Sonoma Partners facilitated functional and technical requirements sessions with business and IT stakeholders to detail the CRM use cases for WME | IMG and ensure that this tool was being used to its full potential.
- WME | IMG benefited from a stronger, more solid security model in CRM with Sonoma Partners’ recommendation after a “health check” identified and addressed potential problem areas.
- Sonoma Partners’ produced code from the functional and technical assessment that allows WME | IMG to move forward with a more visually appealing and user-friendly platform to allow for cross-departmental collaboration.