"The difference between our Salesforce deployment and our previous system is night and day."
Salesforce allows Hisco to manage their sales and customer service reps more efficiently than ever.
Who is Hisco?
Hisco is a specialty distribution company serving a large number of industrial markets, including aerospace/defense, medical, and electronics. Hisco’s previous CRM solution was not fitting the bill in terms of both user adoption and user experience. As a critical first step to their multi-year growth plan, Hisco knew they needed an improved solution, especially to keep up with massive distribution industry shake-ups such as Amazon and Grainger.
Hisco Project Fast Facts:
- Industry: Manufacturing & Distribution
- # of employees: 400
- # of users in deployment: 200
- Platform: Salesforce
- Hisco needed to overcome technical issues caused by their previous CRM integration (such as slow load times which made their sales team’s processes inefficient).
- Previous CRM system updates kept breaking Hisco’s customizations, frustrating end users and giving them little motivation to completely adopt the solution.
- A complicated user interface and lack of mobile access meant limited ability to refer to CRM data quickly on-the-go.
- Replace old CRM system and migrate all legacy data to Salesforce
- Create a single global sales process and implement opportunity tracking
- Provide sales reps with mobile access to ERP data via integration with Infor Distribution SX.e
- Salesforce1 Mobile
- A customized Salesforce CRM system that supports Hisco’s specific needs and combats their previous technical challenges such as slow load times and unintuitive design
- The ability to use CRM data to share knowledge and build deeper, more collaborative sales efforts with strategic suppliers
- A foundation for future CRM initiatives with a market leading CRM system (custom apps, for example, that can be built on top of Salesforce)