“We were told migrating from Chatter to Yammer would be impossible. Sonoma Partners responded, 'Challenge accepted.'"
One of the largest airlines in the world wanted to move from Salesforce.com to Microsoft Dynamics CRM to achieve their business goals of finding a cost effective platform with the capacity to support advanced levels of internal collaboration.
- # of employees: 80,000
- # of users: 500
- Workload: Global Sales Division
- Platform: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Data Extraction Tool: KingswaySoft SSIS
- This airline’s process for sales team collaboration, including contract negotiation, requires interdepartmental communication across the company. Chatter – the employee communication platform offered by Salesforce.com – was a key component of this process because it allowed for seamless internal collaboration. Their company needed to find a comparable solution in Microsoft’s similar offering: Yammer.
- A complete data migration of Chatter to Yammer with replicated functionality, such as the ability to create groups, impersonation in posting, and relating posts to CRM records.
- Worked with SSO and Azure AD to fully initialize users in Yammer for the migration to minimize user impact.
- A custom utility to import Chatter data into Yammer to meet their requirements in the migration from Salesforce.com to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Documentation and training for the team of users, as provided by Sonoma Partners, made for an easy and smooth onboarding process to the new platform.
- Sonoma Partners identified and acted on data security concerns within CRM to meet the airline’s regulations for internal collaboration - a huge must-have for this company.