"The implementation of the iPad as a sales tool has changed our sales teams' lives."
Medline invested in CRM in order to centralize their data, identify new customers, and strengthen their existing relationships.
Who is Medline?
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States, providing more than 350,000 products that serve the entire continuum of care. Without a formal CRM system, Medline was missing out on opportunities to cultivate stronger relationships with existing clients and was unable to pinpoint new opportunities. With Microsoft Dynamics CRM and a custom mobile iPad application, Medline now has access to the information they need to build the relationships they want.
Medline Fast Facts:
- Industry: Manufacturing – Distribution
- # of employees: 9,000
- # of users in deployment: 1,500
- Platform: Microsoft Dynamics CRM (On-Premise) + Custom iPad App (Migrated off SAP)
- Prior to the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Medline had no formal CRM system or process to manage their business.
- Without a formalized process, they lacked visibility into their customer and opportunity base.
- Because their sales team had to rely on inefficient tools, they had a difficult time upselling and cross-selling to existing customers.
- An end-to-end salesforce automation, marketing, and customer service solution
- A custom opportunity management iPad application for 1,200 field-based salespeople
- An effective change management program to ensure successful user adoption of the new system
- A CRM tool that allows users to do their work in the field while meeting with their customers
- A custom iPad application to supplement their CRM deployment
- 90% of all opportunities created by sales reps are initiated from the mobile app
Since implementation, feedback from sales reps sounds like this: "It (the mobile app) changed my life. I wish I had had this 20 years ago. I've never been so efficient and gotten so much done."