An “A+” System: Curriculum Associates Deploys Custom Salesforce Solution
In an effort to keep pace with their newfound business success, Curriculum Associates selected a new CRM solution and partner.
Who is Curriculum Associates?
Headquartered in North Billerica, Massachusetts, Curriculum Associates publishes research-based supplemental curriculum materials that provide instructions for educators to address various levels and needs of students. The company also provides web-based services, such as online assessments, instruction accounts, and live training.
Curriculum Associates increased their investment in digital education products and created a curriculum that supplements the common core education standard. As a result, Curriculum experienced more than 40% growth each of the last two years and shows no sign of slowing down. To scale their organization to meet the increased demand and success of their business, Curriculum needed to modernize their business systems and invest in CRM.
Curriculum Associates Project Fast Facts
- Platform: Salesforce
- # of employees: 500
- # of users in deployment: 280
- Workload type: Sales, Customer Service
- Curriculum’s existing CRM system, Microsoft CRM 4.0, was outdated and the data in the system was stale.
- Users found the system challenging to navigate and operate for the functionality their industry required in a customer management system, like documenting student’s accounts differently from teacher’s.
- Curriculum longed for a more feature-friendly CRM system that they could build upon as their business continues to grow and expand to new markets.
- Salesforce deployment with data integrations from homegrown applications, Eloqua, and MDR Data Source.
- Native Salesforce1 mobile capabilities.
- Customer Service now tracks and manages support requests from clients with the ease and agility of standard case functionality in Salesforce.
- When a customer signs a contract for a digital subscription with Curriculum Associates, Salesforce automatically generates activities to be completed by the account managers for onboarding and management of the client throughout the life of their contract. This automation saves time for account managers, allowing them to focus more on customer relationships and less on the mundane data entry process.
- Sales and sales operations use native Salesforce automation for the lead-to-opportunity conversion process. While quoting is completed by the sales team in a homegrown tool, information now syncs with Salesforce to provide a complete picture of accounts throughout the sales cycle.
- A custom forecasting module in Salesforce allows them to forecast open opportunities and actual bookings as well as an estimated “run rate” for lower profit orders (which wouldn’t otherwise be required to be inputted by an opportunity). This helps Curriculum stay organized and ahead of demand.