A Smart Move: Salesforce to Better Serve Students and Teachers
Capstone deployed Salesforce to keep up with the increased demand of their digital products and support their overall success.
Who is Capstone Publishing?
Capstone publishes children’s books and digital solutions for libraries, classrooms, and consumers. Capstone’s content comes in a variety of print and digital formats, including board books, picture books, audiobooks, and more.
Capstone has been growing rapidly in recent years with the increased demand for their digital products. As a result, Capstone is modernizing their systems’ infrastructure to better serve their consumers. Capstone aims to improve their sales, marketing, and service strategies as a part of this effort. When Sonoma Partners got involved with Capstone, they only had Salesforce deployed to portions of the U.S. digital sales business.
Capstone struggled under multiple manual processes, like annual data collection projects to update student/family/teacher information and sales forecasting. They would circulate Excel spreadsheets and Word docs to try and consolidate prospective client information to no end. None of this trackable, Capstone desired a better way to manage their operations. Ultimately, Capstone found accurate, cleansed data via MDR, an industry data source to act on prospective client information. For all their markets, they outlined sales cycles and a lexicon to maintain consistency across the organization. Furthermore, a complete Pardot implementation and training for marketing teams allows Capstone to set up landing pages, implement tracking across their websites, and completely automate email drip campaigns. With Salesforce, Capstone overall operates more cohesively as an organization and better serves their customers.
Capstone Project Fast Facts:
- Industry: Publishing
- # of Employees: 230
- # of Users in Deployment: 80
- Platform: Salesforce
- To serve all sales markets at Capstone with a single, unified CRM platform and obtain highly effective utilization of the system across all sales teams.
- Gather meaningful prospective client and transactional information for use in accurate and comprehensive measurement of overall Sales productivity.
- A two-year CRM roadmap to deploy Salesforce for all sales, marketing, and service teams and unify CRM across the organization.
- A sandbox environment for Capstone to imagine future development needs.
- Implemented Salesforce subscription functionality, allowing for better user experience, more robust reporting, and an increase in the consistency and accuracy of capturing and tracking subscription information of their customers.
- Automated the annual data collection process for the Capstone service team. Before, this was largely manual, reaching out to individual families and teachers to update their customer records. Salesforce provides automatic notifications to customers and employees to help keep data clean year after year.
- Implemented forecasting in Salesforce to provide greater insight for the sales team.